Thursday, February 27, 2014

Frosty SNOW Pepper! (Dreams really do come true!)

Tuesday (2-4-14):

Kees was such a pro about taking his medications.  They added watermelon flavor to his antibiotic, and I added simple syrup to his Benadryl.  Don't judge.


Kora wanted to take medicine too, I distracted her with juice.

More fun with Kees's car mat.

Kora loves these little books, she reads them any chance she gets.  I need to get a new (similar) set once we get settled in Idaho. These have taken a beating.

This is an epic day, that goes down in history.  FROSTY SNOW PEPPER.  I used snow ice cream, and stirred in some of my Dr. Pepper syrup.  So deliciously amazing.  It's great with regular vanilla ice cream too. Some day, I'm going to try it with Cherry Dr. Pepper.

Lunch with Grampa, glad he works close by and we get to have lunch with him.


I made quesadillas for dinner.  My dad always says they are the best he's ever had, way better than any restaurant.  So I felt a little nervous, since I haven't made them in a while. Thankfully, they did turn out fine, but if you've been around this blog awhile you know my cooking is hit or miss. Thankfully, this day, it was a hit!

Gramee and Grampa were quite disturbed that Kora kept de-robing this anatomically correct baby boy.  I was thinking, hey, at least she's undressing a doll and not herself.  So Grampa duct taped a diaper on the baby.


Another night, Mamaw had gone to bed, and the kids not only took her chair, but they got her Sonic chicken from the fridge.  She loves sharing her food, so I'm sure she doesn't mind, but it made me think of "Goldilocks and the 3 Bears"

Wednesday (2-5-14):

Kees slept in his comfy clothes from the previous day. Kora wore her jammies.  We didn't get dressed until late this day.  But we DID have P.E. lesson from Doug!

Kees playing with his cars.

Riding a bike on the Wii. This counts as P.E., Kees loved this!

And for our Math lesson, we stacked these manipulatives as long as they would go, then we measured ourselves against them. It was slightly shorter than Kees and longer than Kora. 


While Kora was napping, I was doing some GoodSeed orientation videos. I was totally nerding out and loving every minute.  Don't tell anyone.

 I took the kids to Awanas at church.  They both insisted on taking suitcases with them.  We're always "those kids". Oh, well, God made us special. :)

After we got home, Kees fell asleep on the couch and I enjoyed a little snuggle time.

No comments:

Post a Comment