Thursday, February 27, 2014

Couch Olympics in Our Jammies

Thursday (2-6-14):

Well, I'm old. I didn't take pictures this day until we were already in our jammies. So your guess is as good as mine.

Selfie with my sweet babies.

Kora brought a diaper over to me, and played with it. First chewing on it, then wrapping it around my face.


We watched Olympics coverage. This couple is awesome, love the height difference.

Olympics brings out the best in all of us!

We win the GOLD!
Grampa took them for rides up and down the hallway.

Does anyone feel like this could be an awkward family photo. Kora's expression is hilarious!

These kids are ingenious! They figured out how to make Mamaw's lift chair into a slide.  Kees had to help Kora up.
More rides...


Friday (2-7-14):

My mom has been reading this book.  So far, I think she has found it helpful.  I took a picture of the cover, so I'd remember to write about all the therapists that have been coming to see Mamaw. 

Caring for an elderly relative is not easy, and I have a lot of respect for my parents for going through this journey. It's especially hard with dementia, because there likely won't be a recovery, it will only get worse.  Since Mamaw had been sick a few months back, she qualified for therapy to help get her strength back. She's been working on her balance and endurance with her occupational therapist. She does word association games with her speech therapist, and she has a lady coming to help with baths.  It wears her out and she's not always excited to participate, but I think it's good for her, gives her something to be awake for and I feel like she has been staying awake for longer periods of time since they've been coming.  For my parents, it's a lot of juggling her schedule, and doing their best to get Mamaw up before they come.

I drove to town, can't remember why, but I took a picture of the melting snow when I got back.

Snuggling with Kees...he fell asleep again! I think it was the Benadryl he was taking. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment