Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Wicked!

Day 177 (Tuesday 9-17):

If you remember, the last post was about me being sick.  It took a whole 'nother day of rest for this momma to catch up! Yikes!  So, no pictures, but I think Grandma Sheryl has some, somewhere of the kids eating ice cream on her "falcony" (that's what Kees calls her balcony). In the evening, we watched the Wizard of Oz, Sheryl and I were going to see Wicked the next day, so this was our research. :)

Not sure if this is when we were watching Wizard of Oz or not, but this is basically how it happened and the photo is from some time this day, so let's all pretend I know what I'm doing.

Day 178 (Wednesday 9-18):

WICKED!!!

Okay, so my MIL (mother in law or mother in love as some people say when they like to be mushy and gushy, which I usually avoid, so yeah) had tickets to go see Wicked with her boyfriend.  I told her I was jealous because I'd love to go see it. Next thing I knew, their 2 tickets turned into 3, and I got to go!!! We also went to eat dinner before the show, at a restaurant called Vast. It's in OKC and it's way at the top of the Devon building.  We had a pretty great view and the food was amazing as well. Every time I eat fancy food I think of my foodie friend Amanda and wish she was with me.  So I always take the pictures with her in mind.

Getting ready to leave for Wicked, stealing kisses from my sleeping girl.

Kees was desperate to turn this light out,  I tell ya, desperate!

Kees's new picture face, the tongue out look, continues. Sheryl (my MIL) let me borrow her pearls.

Very appropriate for Oklahoma and for Wicked, saw this on the way to the show in Bricktown.

This makes me happy. Oklahoma used to have zero professional teams, now, we have the THUNDER! Still no baseball or football teams, so we all unite on this!  Now college ball, that's a whole 'nother story.

Inside the Devon tower.

Outside view

Some of the wood is from THAILAND!

Shirley Temple

Various breads, one had dried tomatoes and olives, one had some type of cheese and jalapeños  (it was my favorite), and then there was a cracker thing that had pumpkin and a bunch of other stuff, but let's be real, we're all lucky I remember as much as I do.

Sheryl's food: filet mignon, potatoes, that were gutted, mashed then piped back into themselves, beets, and asparagus.
Neal's food: duck, sweet potato puree, and some type of green, it wasn't cale, but I can't quite remember what it was.

I got a steak, with asparagus, and blue cheese sweet potatoes. I didn't really like the blue cheese in my potatoes, sorry Amanda, but the steak was the best I've ever had.

Neal and Sheryl have been dating a year, they got a special cake.

Neal and Sheryl
Whoa!

I'd forgotten that Neal was an Alabama fan, then I saw this and remembered.  I rode in his vehicle under protest.

Half time or intermission, whatever you want to call it. The bathroom line was outrageously long, I barely got to go before they were rushing everyone back to their seats. On my way back up, the concession stand was nice and empty so I ran to grab a Dr. Pepper, imagine my dismay when all they had was Coke.  I needed the caffeine because I'd lost so much sleep the night before.  This helped!

I feel like this shot could easily have a batman sign super imposed over it and it'd be so believable!

I did not take this picture, I found it online.  We were allowed to take any in the show.
Day 179 (Thursday 9-19):

While we are in "transition", we are trying to get together with as many friends/supporters as possible to  update about what we did in Thailand the last year and a half and where we feel God is directing us next.  We feel like we have a pretty good open door, but we're just waiting for final confirmation at this point.  This day, we got to go eat with the Littlefields at a yummy Mexican-ish restaurant. I feel like it had some other ethnicity blended with the Mexican, but I can't really remember (It's October 9th in real life so this was a while ago).  Some day, I will blog every day again, and just skip here and there. For now, I am playing catch up, sorry folks.  Every, single time we visit with people, I walk away feeling so encouraged. It's amazing how the body of Christ works, so thankful to be a part.

Playing with Grandma.

Napping

Kicking myself for not getting pictures with the Littlefields. I vaguely remember asking Doug to do it when we were leaving and he said he didn't want to. But I did get this picture in their son's nursery, so cool!

Day 180 (Friday 9-20):

This day we went to the park and then in the evening we went over to visit Grandpa Boo and Ginny for a few days. If you haven't caught on yet, my life is nutso. We are traveling every few days, which in itself is stressful, but we don't even really have a "home base", we have most of our stuff at my parents place, but quite a bit of stuff at Doug's mom's place, not to mention we're halfway living out of our van.  Okay, I feel like I should just write a separate post to include exactly what that's like, and when I do, I'll link to it here...if I remember.  So here's the pics!

Doug and Sheryl took the kids to the playground.  I enjoyed some quiet alone time.  Doug enjoyed playing with the camera on his phone since he'd just downloaded the new IOS.
Running.

Thoughtful.

My babies.

Kiddos with Grandma Sheryl.
On our way to Grandpa Boo's place.  We saw these pumpkins!
Ginny (Gwen) made the best enchiladas. They were chicken and had a homemade cream cheese sauce on top. She cooked the sauce separately from the enchiladas and the enchiladas were kind of crunchy, it was so, so good!

Doug saw this picture on facebook, that's our pastor's wife (in Thailand) and she is reading the "By This Name" book in Thai while waiting to take a test.  This makes me so excited!  So thankful the Thai church has a great resource to help them, not only for their own biblical understanding, but to share the gospel as well! Ahhhh, seriously, so excited, I could do dance, sing a song, and/or clap my hands while jumping up and down.  I'd do this a lot more often, but Doug thinks it's embarrassing and over the top...I think not, but I also don't want to embarrass THE MAN. (Love you Doug!)


No comments:

Post a Comment