Friday, October 18, 2013

Eggnog & Ice Cream

Day 193 (Thursday 10-3):

When we took Kees to the library earlier in the week, I planned another time to go back and take Kora. I recruited Doug to come as well.  They have a baby story time, so we went.  Kees and I were a little bored, so we went out to check out books while Kora got into the leaders stuff and kept pointing at the CD player demanding more music.  Glad that was on Doug's watch. :)  After the story time was over, the kids played on the computers and I picked out some more books. I brought I suitcase this time cause we get LOTS of books.
Kora loved this.

He looks too big

Writing his letters at Grandma's

Oh look, we got crayons, YAY!  See, I'm not the worst mother ever.

This girl loves stealing drinks

Doug's uncle, Ken and his wife, Cindy, invited us to dinner in Tulsa. They made a yummy mexican lasagna, and sweet potatoes because they know I love them. Well I think that's why they made the sweet potatoes. They made them with the steak they fed us for the dinner we ate with them before we left for Thailand back in 2010 and I kept saying how much I liked them.  MMMM....sweet potatoes are so delicious. Anyway, it was great to see Doug's grandma as well, Nanny.  I got to sit by her on the couch and talk.  Time with family is always time well spent!
I should probably be embarrassed about swigging this straight from the carton, but I'm not. It was delicious.

We had a lengthy conversation about how this pumpkin got on top of this building.

He was excited about lots of things during our drive.



Day 194 (Friday 10-4):

Doug took this picture.  It's Kora eating yogurt. 

Mmmm....yogurt.


Day 195 (Saturday 10-5):
Ice cream, fliers, game day

Paden had revival starting Sunday the 6th.  They had an ice cream social the first night, so our family made a big batch of chocolate ice cream.  Mamaw (my dad's mom) had been in OKC all the previous week, so between regular work and driving to visit her every day, they were happy for some extra hands.  I'm sure they'd say they were happy to have the grandkids "help", but I'm always feeling like any help I can provide with Mamaw or anything else is easily cancelled by the noise and mess my kids make.  We always clean up (or try to), but there's lots of in between times where Gramee and Grampa's living room looks like something exploded in the toy box. I feel really bad that our chaos is imposing on other people. But this day, I think I actually was able to help a tiny bit.  The kids and I ran to the store (Grampa was in his office the first half of the day getting ready for Sunday and Gramee was studying for Sunday School).  We got all the ingredients for the ice cream and we took our time looking up and down the aisles, I figure the longer we're gone, the more of a break the other adults get. :)  The kids had a blast. They love looking at all the toys.  I was also charged with the task of buying ice from this giant ice machine thingy.  I had a serious surge of panic after I put the money in the machine because I realized there was a giant hole where the ice came out and I wasn't sure if it was pre-bagged or if I was supposed to get a bag from somewhere to catch the ice.  I was panicking! Thankfully, it IS pre-bagged, although it would have made a hilarious albiet embarrassing story.  I guess God didn't think I needed any extra drama in my life on that day. And for that, I say "Thank you!"
New OU shirt from Gramee and Grampa


Giant bag of ice.

On our way home.

The ride was only 10 minutes, but they both fell asleep.

We finished making the ice cream, ate lunch, and then we loaded up in the van, less Gramee and Kora, to pass out fliers/invites to the revival.  It was actually fun.  I kind of wasn't sure what to expect, but everyone that opened their door was so friendly and Kees was talkative.  It's funny because sometimes he's so shy and not wanting to look at other people, but this day, he was in charge of handing the fliers to the people, and he also took the opportunity to explain about his sister and where she was on this fine day.  We had one sad moment when we walked past some crawly thing, caterpillar maybe, and I told Kees we'd look at it closer when we walked back by. In the meantime, Doug got back in the van and drove over to pick us up.  Kees cried and cried. We ended driving him back over to the spot, we didn't find the SNAIL, that's what it was, but he picked up some sticks and leaves and he was satisfied with that.
Making ice cream!

Yay!

Licking the bowl

Ice and salt, it's a bit of tango.

Grampa finally came home and immediately took over. This man loves making ice cream, I think he was sad we did it, but also happy.

The food coloring pens that came with the pumpkin cookies that Gramee bought.

Who doesn't love playing with their food and then licking it!

Kora sitting on the porch. She pulled the bench cushion on top of her lap. She was watching cars drive by.

Playing in the yard with Grampa.

More eggnog, don't mind if I do.

Blocks

OU played TCU at 6. It was tight till the end, so it was fun and stressful to watch.  We were glad to get a win.  Kora loved when Grampa and Daddy would yell about touch downs. She started dancing and yelling with them.  It was so cute.
Cookie art

They really enjoyed this!

Writing on her tray.

Sweet babies

Whoa, that's some intense drawing going on.  This came off relatively well, the purple stained the tray, so I got a laundry stain stick and it wiped right off.


No comments:

Post a Comment