Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Grandpa Boo's house of fun...

(...and Ginny's house of food)

Had to include this, about all of Gwen's yummy food because it seems like she always makes a lot of our favorites when we visit!  Good home cooking!

Day 181 (Saturday 9-21):

I literally have one photo from this day, and it sums everything up!

I'm not sure how Grandpa Boo has enough energy to run these kids around the yard in a wheel barrel, over and over again, but somehow he manages. It's like he fit 2 1/2 years worth of playing with these kids into one day.

Yep, our kids spent the entirety of their day (except Kora's nap) being entertained by Grandpa Boo.  I was actually bored an ended up getting some blogging done while they were occupied.  It was so strange, they spent a lot of time outside, so no one was asking for anything or making any kind of noise.  Don't get me wrong, it was nice, but very weird.

Day 182 (Sunday 9-22):

Sunday morning we went to church with Doug's dad and Gwen.  They had guests from Teen Challenge sharing about how the program saved them from addiction.  It was so cool to see how God is using that program to change people's lives and demonstrate his amazing LOVE.

After church we had a good ole traditional Sunday lunch: roast! (and other things)

In the evening, we got to have dinner with some friends of ours, the Newberrys. They are adopting a little girl from the Ukraine (in real time it's 15 more sleeps!).  When we visited them, they did not know the date yet. They were waiting, much like we are waiting. It was cool to swap stories about how God is blessing our families during this time. I'll include more info at the bottom of this post, if you'd like to learn more about their family and their adoption journey.  I recently saw a cool photo on someone's facebook page, and I think it sums things up pretty well...I'll post it first and then some of the others from that day!
This is how I feel, in fact, I feel like I can see the open door, we just have a few more steps to walk in the hallway before we get to it.  I think this would accurately sum up how they were feeling as well.
You'd think after the previous day, that Grandpa Boo would be tired, he probably was, but he didn't let on.

Yum!

Zoned out.

Doug loves mixing his foods, not sure how we ever got together.
Open mouths!

This boy loves cleaning, I really hope this sticks!
At the Newberry's place, playing in their back yard. We had BBQ for dinner, Kees asked everyone for their soda cans (an extremely rare treat at their house apparently...to have soda I mean), so he can take them to Grampa's to crush.
We also ended up swapping tornado stories. We weren't here for the May 20th tornadoes, but we have family that live in the area, so we swapped their story for them. :)
Okay, as promised, here is a link to the Newberry's blog, you can find it here.  There's a tab on the right side of the page, they are raising funds to help curb the cost of traveling overseas to pick their daughter up. They are also selling really cool scarves, if you'd like one, she can make them in any color you like!  I got an awesome red and white one to wear on game day (OU in case you're new here).  This family has been praying over this decision for some time, God has led them directly to this time and place, and I am so thrilled to see how HE continues to go ahead of them.  I could cry, but I'm trying really hard not to.  Adoption is awesome, at home (like my cool sister), and abroad (like this family)!

No comments:

Post a Comment