Monday, October 14, 2013

A Ninja & a Monkey

Day 183 (Monday 9-23):

This whole day almost passed without me getting a picture. Kees helped me make malt ball and Grandma's house and I snapped this picture.
Malt Ball (it's oatmeal power balls, in case your new)

As I was getting ready for bed, I ran across this cartoon, made me think of when we were leaving Thailand. I actually told one of our co-workers and friends that the ONLY thing that would drag me away from Thailand was God himself. So, of course, when I found this, I HAD to save it!  Also, Footprints in the Sand is one of my favorite poems. :)
Yep.



Day 184 (Tuesday 9-24):

Well, we spent this day in OKC.  I have one photo, and zero memories from this day. Wow, I'm old!
Breakfast: malt ball and grapes


Day 185 (Wednesday 9-25):

This was a FULL day! We got our costumes in the mail that we picked out with Grandma. Kees is a ninja and Kora is a monkey. They both "shopped" on Amazon with Grandma and picked these costumes out. Kora was so excited about hers. She kept smiling and chattering. My mom says Kora speaks monkey, she learned from Monkey George (that's what Kees calls Curious George).  So she's ready!
Ninja

Monkey

He said he was hot

Silly kids

Daddy helping put the rest of her costume on.

Grandma showing Kora what she looks like in the mirror.

He's invisible

Awww!

These are amazing, I bought them at Aldi, they were a "special buy", so only for a limited time, it's probably for the best, cause I can eat A LOT of them.

We went to Capitol Hill Baptist church for their Wednesday night service, and boy were we encouraged. The pastor had us share after the prayer time, we didn't have any thing special planned, but we just thanked them for praying with us as we transition and shared our hearts.  We both cried.  It's always so humbling to meet with folks that have prayed you through the good times and bad.  Such a blessing!

After church, we headed to Paden to Gramee and Grampa's place. Kees FINALLY got to crush his hoarded soda cans.  He was thrilled. Grampa had to try to entertain Kora/keep her OUT of trouble while they were in the garage. They all had a great time!
CANS!

He's a hard worker.

Kora was pulling stuff off of the freezer.

She's fun.

Day 186 (Thursday 9-26):

Thursday morning, we left Kora with Gramee, took Kees and headed to Morris to meet with our good friend, brother Jeff, pastor at Liberty.  I was able to serve with him in Mexico twice and at Children's camp once. We're buddies!  So it was great to catch up and share with him about how we feel God is leading our little family.  We also got to see the new building they are working on and here how God is working at their church. 
Flag at Brother Jeff's place.

It was a gorgeous morning in the country.

Their new building.

Kees came with us because he's still "adjusting to America". 

Kees got a new playhouse that Mamaw bought for him.  It's so cool!

In the evening, we went to the men/women's bible studies at Paden. We love being able to meet in a small group to pray and study God's word. After that, we traveled to Webbers Falls for Miss Deanna's princess party.  I stayed up late preparing party favors and such with my one and only sister. It was a blast and I was so thankful to be a part of her special day!

No comments:

Post a Comment