Sunday, March 31, 2013

Easter Day 2013

Day 7:

A few days ago, Kees asked me, "Momma is it yeasterday yet?"  I thought he was trying to say "yesterday" and he was confused.  Later I realized he was asking if it was Easter day. So cute.

I was up until around 3 am, then woke up at 4:45 to get ready for our sunrise service.  Our kids were not wanting to get up, even when we told them the Easter Bunny had come.  Kora was a little confused and trying to figure out what was going on.
It was so early.

We drove to a nearby park and met with our church and two of our sister churches from here in Chiang Mai.  We brought our cakes, you know, the cake-splosion cakes.  When we arrived they were singing beautifully next to a fountain.  Everyone was sitting on mats.  They pulled up a bench for us to sit on, since we are foreigners or falongs as they call us.  But I sat down with the kids on a mat anyway.  Sometimes I'm stubborn. I just don't like getting special treatment...except from Doug and then I quite graciously accept chocolate, cheese, and iced coffee.  (P.S. Today, I got two out of three: a snickers and coffee).  Anyway, it was still dark, then it got lighter,  but I never really saw the sunrise.  WHAT?! How did I get up to go to a sunrise service and NOT see the sunrise. Well, I'll tell you, the haze/smog is still here and causing quite a lot of trouble. 
Looks like no rain in sight, I'll take rain as my April Fool's joke, pretty please.


Poor Kees has a cough, and after being at the service for around 30 minutes I realized he was starting to get a fever and not acting like himself. 
Sick baby, he's doing alright.  We've been giving him tylenol and trying to keep him indoors since the air adds to the respiratory problems.
On a regular day I would have tried to ride it out, but with the air being so yucky and him getting so little sleep, I figured it was best if we just went home.  So I tracked Doug down, he had followed Kora to another part of the park and was watching her.  Doug took me and the kids home and we all went back to bed, but Doug went back for the rest of the service, but despite my demands, he didn't take very many pictures, but he did get a few.

Finally saw the sun rising when we got back to our place around 7.  It was so red and gorgeous, this picture is a very poor representation.

One of the pictures Doug took later in the day.  I think I see cake in one of those bowls!
My favorite part of the service, the part I was there for was this older gentlemen that was singing with all his heart. It was so beautiful, it made me cry.  I know I say it all the time, but these Thai believers are such a minority here and it's magnificent to see these believers worshiping.  That made my day!  Another brother in Christ, who will worship our Savior in heaven one day! Thankful for missionaries who came before us and paved the way.  We have a support system of believers here in Chiang Mai because believers before us were faithful to leave their own families, before Facebook, Voxer, and even before flights.  They left everything behind in a way we will never comprehend, but the fruit, of even this one, simply breathtaking!


The man I'm talking about is on the bench to the right and behind the pastor standing.

The rest of our day was pretty boring.  The kids and I took another nap later in the day, we inspected our eggs, had dinner, and now we're off to bed.  Oh, and I got a pretty funny picture of Kees NOT eating dinner.  Every day I understand my mother more and more...so scary! I was a picky eater so I more than deserve this.  Love that little guy anyway, but would take suggestions for picky eaters if you have any. :)
Checking out what is in all those eggs!




Eating candy!

Pretty sure she likes the eggs more than the candy.

Dinner, needle beans, cheesy eggs, yogurt, and rice.

He did eventually eat, but he was at the table for an hour and a half!  But while he was eating...he was fighting with Kora about toys, and I was able to clean with one less kid getting into stuff, so I guess if that's what it takes...

And finally, my good word of the day is from a picture I saw on facebook, so here it is:
Love this, Happy Resurrection Sunday!

No comments:

Post a Comment