Thursday, March 28, 2013

I'm on a roll, Day 4!

Day 4:

It's Thursday night, and here we go again.  Our day in review!  We started the day off with our language study time with Kruu Jeab.  Doug usually does two hours and then I do an hour.  During my hour with Kruu Jeab, Doug took the kids outside to play.  He is also the one that makes sure the fish get fed.  I am a terrible pet owner, despite my Momma's best efforts.  It's a miracle my children get fed, honestly, but they are extremely hard to ignore, so their needs get met. And as we all know, I never skip a meal, so it only follows that I would feed the little people as well.
Kees and Kora feeding the fish.  Kruu Jeab is on the far right, she's awesome! (P.S. Kruu means teacher)


When I came outside, I was planning to shower the kids since they'd been outside for an hour, but instead, one of the neighbor ladies from our old place dropped by.  She said we should go back with her and visit Pi Noi and Pi Uan.  So we hopped in the truck and drove over to visit them.  Remember how I mentioned yesterday that I was learning about flexibility. It's still not easy for me, but today, I was so glad I went.  I was close to staying at home and just sending Doug with the kids, since I had housework to do.  But my lesson with Kruu Jeab this morning was a video of Kees when he was younger playing with all his friends.  And I was missing our neighbors!  Pi Uan invited us to go with their family on a trip for Songkran next month, and we're pretty excited to be included.  Our quick visit, turned into lunch! 
Pi Tang Moo is in the upper left corner visiting at our house and the rest of the pictures were taken at Pi Noi's place.
Pi Noi made a Thai omelet, an egg soup, and laap.  She told us this meal just cost her 20 baht to make that's around 65 cents.  Discussing prices of things is very common in Thailand, which I love!  I've always enjoyed getting a good deal, and Thai people are always very willing to share about the price of things.
When we came home from visiting our friends, our landlord, his wife and daughter were at our place doing some yard work and checking our septic system.  Kees had such a good time playing with their daughter, Pi Deer.  Kora had to take a nap and missed out on the fun. She cried and cried when she woke up and Pi Deer left soon after.  Hopefully next time she'll get to play more!
Our landlord had these large potato things, he dug them out from somewhere in our yard.  I had no idea they were here, so weird.
Kees playing with Pi Deer.

One thing that has not been enjoyable about today is the HEAT and the crazy smog.  Around this time every year the air quality worsens dramatically due to burning.  Last year it rained right before we came back so we missed the worst of it.  Today, I have a headache and my eyes feel like they are coated in about two layers of dust and yuck. Kora has had congestion and coughing for over a week now.  I will be so glad when it finally rains! (If you would like to read more about the situation, I've attached an article here.)

Since it was ridiculously hot and I was getting crankier by the minute, I convinced Doug to turn on the AC.  I wasn't going to, but I checked the temperature online and it's 100 degrees, so I think that fact combined with the poor air quality is as good a reason as any to splurge on some aircon...and maybe a Dr. Pepper!  Doug found Dr. Pepper at the import store the other day, and I've been trying to wait to drink mine, but the heat from today got to me!  I even put it over ice and added cherry juice, let me tell ya, Sonic ain't got nothin' on the Dr. Pepper I drank today.  I'm sure it was so amazing because it's been so long.
Can you see the cherry juice?  This went by way too fast!
And now for a good word for today.  I've been doing a daily reading plan and last night I was reading in Judges.  Isn't it crazy, how God kept giving the people judges and they would do okay for a little while, but then they would forget about God again and again.  I think we do that too!  There really is "nothing new under the sun".  Even though their ancestors had seen God work in mighty ways, the people kept forgetting!  I'm hoping this blog will be a good way for me to continue to see God in my life and not forget the ways he has worked on my behalf.  Hope you all are having a blessed Thursday!

HA! I totally forgot to mention that the cake failure from earlier this week has been requested for our Easter service Sunday.  Can you say, hilarious?  Our Easter service will be held at a park and we are getting up crazy early since it's a sunrise service.  So get excited, I should have some great pictures to share!

1 comment:

  1. Easter at park--what a great idea! And before it gets to be 100 degrees. Looking forward to the pics. Love the blog!

    ReplyDelete